Manger Winter Learning Seminar
Two Weeks! January 6-10 & January 13-17, 2019
Sponsored by the Manger Foundation
JOIN Hadar's beit midrash in an immersive week of Torah study, prayer, shared meals and conversation. You'll take part in an honest, dynamic, and multi-level exploration of Jewish texts with passionate teachers and committed peers.
CONNECT with an incredible network of Jews, working together to build bolder, more ambitious, and more meaningful Jewish lives.
Our 2018 theme was Beyond Biology: Family, Choice and Belonging
We explored topics such as: Conversion, Intermarriage, Honoring Parents, and The "Rebellious Son" and asked questions such as:
- What are the elements of home and family that create our identities?
- What are different ways of building a family? How does a community integrate different forms of family?
- Do I owe allegiance to my parents and family? What are the boundaries?
- How do we navigate religious lives that might clash with our families?
Hadar, meeting in the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023.
Tuition$200 per week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it for me? If you’re ages 18-30 and looking to deepen your Jewish life through learning, prayer and community then yes!
- When is it? Two Weeks! January 6-10 & January 13-17, 2019
- How much does it cost? $200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
- Where is it? The program will be held at Hadar's Beit Midrash, housed at the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023
- How do I apply? The application for the 2019 Manger Winter Learning Seminar will open in Fall 2018.
- How can I find out more? Contact email@example.com.
Classes for the week will be taught by our faculty, including: